Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

20 Day Blogging Challenge...Day 2

Today's blog assignment on the 20 Day Blogging challenge is to "share an organizational tip from your classroom."

Over Christmas Break I reworked my reading notebook that I use to keep track of my student's reading data, and I'm super excited about it.  To start off, I found some super fun fluorescent paper at Walgreens.  I save it for special occasions and my reading notebook seemed like a good one.  Then I thought about what I wanted to have tracked for the year.  For me, it was students' scores on their MAP tests, their AR points, and the genre's that they've read.  After writing most of their information out by hand, I decided that next year I would use a typed version (which I have shown below).  Also on my chart is an area for the students to set goals for themselves for their MAP tests and AR points.  One of the things I do during my reading conferences with the students is go over their goals.

At the beginning of my binder I have a calendar that I use to keep myself on track with my reading conferences.  I have a tab for each student, where I keep their tracking form & my conferencing forms.  I've found this binder to be incredibly helpful keeping me on track, and keeping my information organized.


No comments:

Post a Comment