1 - I need help.
2 - I need some reminders.
3 - I got this (independently with no help).
4 - I can use this knowledge to impact others.
Student created content comes when my students are trying to push themselves from a 3 to a 4. There are a variety of ways they can do that...here are just a few:
- Review videos (my kids LOVE this)
- Review games on Kahoot (my kids LOVE this too)
- Create a board game (I have several laminated blank board games they can fill in)
- Solve a "real-world" problem (I have at least 1 of these for each math unit)
- Student choice (I always leave an option open where students get a chance to come up with their own idea for a project)
While not everyone has a chance get to this point, there are many who work really hard to get the opportunity.